Ohmega System for Impedance & pH Recording
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is caused by reflux of gastric contents into the Oesophagus.
Impedance-pH detects and analyses acidic, non acidic, weak acidic reflux and air episodes. Combined Impedance-pH recording is clinically useful in the evaluation of symptoms under PPI therapy as well as for hoarseness, unexplained cough, wheezing, non-cardiac chest pain and paediatric applications of particular interest.
Ambulatory Impedance & pH Recording
The Ohmega is a small, lightweight ambulatory system which combines pH recording and Impedance monitoring. As a result the Ohmega detects reflux activity using Impedance and categorizes these reflux episodes as acid or nonacid using traditional pH measurement. The Ohmega is a complete reflux monitoring system.
The Ohmega offers unique features. The Virtual Instructor ProgramTM helps to complete the procedure succesfully, even with minimal training. Bluetooth® capabilities make it possible to view and check data while recording. The intelligent symptom analysis software quantifies all reflux episodes fast and simple.
- Recording up to 12 Impedance & 4 pH channels: Antimony, Glass or ISFET pH recording with LES locator.
- Intelligent Symptom Analysis Software: Provides the user with a diagnosis based on combined data of Impedance and pH.
- VIP, Virtual Instructor ProgramTM: Guides user to successfully complete procedures with minimal training. Easy calibration of catheter via the PC.
- On-line View of Recordings: Wireless Bluetooth7 techniques make it possible to view data while recording. High quality signal recording can be quaranteed before patient leaves investigation room.
- Small and Lightweight: Compact housing with comfortable carrying bag.
- Recording of 4 Pressures: As an option up to 4 pressures can be added.
- Sleeplab (optional): Sleeplab output for 16 predefined analogue channels.
Software incorporates recording and analysis for adult, paediatric and neonatal investigations.
|Title:||Gastro-oesophageal reflux monitoring: review and consensus report on detection and definitions of acid, non-acid, and gas reflux|
|Author(s):||D Sifrim, D Castell, J Dent and P J Kahrilas|
|Ref:||Gut 2004;53;1024-1031 doi:10.1136/gut.2003.033290|
|Title:||Evaluation of Gastroesophageal Reflux Events in Children Using Multichannel Intraluminal Electrical Impedance|
|Author(s):||Tobias G. Wenzl, MD|
|Ref:||August 18, 2003 The American Journal of Medicine Volume 115 (3A) 165S|
|Title:||Use of Multichannel Intraluminal Impedance to Document Proximal Esophageal and Pharyngeal Nonacidic Reflux Episodes|
|Author(s):||Radu Tutuian, MD, Donald O. Castell, MD|
|Ref:||August 18, 2003 The American Journal of Medicine Volume 115 (3A) 123S|
|Title:||Multiple Intraluminal Electrical Impedancometry for Recording of Upper Gastrointestinal Motility: Current Results and Further Implications|
|Author(s):||H. N. Nguyen, M.D., J. Silny, Professor, and S. Matern, Professor|
|Ref:||The American Journal of Gastroenterology Vol. 94, No. 2, 1999|
|Title:||Normal values and day-to-day variability of 24-h ambulatory oesophageal impedance-pH monitoring in a Belgian–French cohort of|
|Author(s):||F. Zerbib, S. Bruley des Varannes, S. Roman, P. Pouderoux§, F. Artigue, U. Chaput, F. Mion, F. Caillol, E. Verin, G. Bommelaer, P. Ducrotte, J.P. Galmiche & D. Sifrim|
|Ref:||Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2005; 22: 1011–1021.|
|Title:||Normal Values of Pharyngeal and Esophageal 24-Hour pH Impedance in Individuals on and off Therapy and Interobserver Reproducibility|
|Author(s):||Frank Zerbib, Sabine Roman, Stanislas Bruley des Varannes, Guillaume Gourcerol, Benoît Coffin, Alain Ropert, Patricia Lepicard, François Mion, and the Groupe Français de Neuro-Gastroentérologie|
|Ref:||Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2013;11:366–372|
Orion II Ambulatory pH Recording System
The Orion II is one of the most comprehensive, user-friendly pH recorders available for the diagnosis of gastro-oesphageal reflux diseases and non-cardiac chest pain.
- Wireless communication
- Easy calibration of data via PC
- Virtual Instructor Program guides user to complete training
- 4 pH channels
- Lightweight and compact
CONTACT BROCHURE HERE